Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pillow Box Owls



Whew.... was up late all last night finishing tutorials after a class. My eyes were just seeing double. So I had to take a break from the hectic schedule I made myself.. duh.. and went through all the comments in my blog :) This time I saw Teri's comment. She's just talented and so kind to share her projects in her blog, I decided to feature one of them. She had a class making these owls, so I think. But when I came to visit her blog, I can't find the link. Anywho, here's Teri's blog so you can browse through her stuff , live from Hawaii:)

She also said that these were also an inspiration from someone else (I forget). But, I tried making my own version with the 2 owls on the right :) hihi... cutie pie.

They're now one of my Valentine Treats this year :) I haven't used the pillow box die for almost a year now and it's about time I bring that baby out!!! Ain't it great to find something in your box, stashed away and later realize you still need it!!! Thank goodness!

Here's the deal, I'm not telling how I made the pink owl with the big eyes, just because Teri's having a class on that. So I made the other two that I can share.

Supplies Needed:
Punch:
- 3/4" circle punch #119873(for the white of the eyes)
- 2 Step Owl punch #118074(medium circles for the black of the eyes)
- Scallop edge punch #119882 (for the DSP)
- Full Heart Punch #119883 (cut in half for the wings)
- 5 petal punch #119880 (use only 2 petals for the feet)
- Heart to Heart punch #119881(use the long heart for the beak and the fat heart for the tag caption)

BigShot Die:
- Pillow Box Die #113466

Cardstock:
- Real Red
- Melon Mambo
- Pumpkin Pie#105117 or Peach Parfait #119793
- Whisper White
- Pink Pirouette
- Chocolate Chip Brown

Other Supplies:
- 2 way glue pen #100425
- Crystal Effect glue #101055 (to glue the box together)
- SU! Dimensionals #104430
- Jewels basics - Rhinestone #119246 & Basic Pearls #119247
- White Gel Pen #105021
- my Retired Valentine DSP (but you can use any DSP that'll match the color of your CS )
- a small stamp to place any caption ( I used the retired "Vintage Labels" Stamp Set from 2010 Sale-A-Bration)

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

9 comments:

Rose said...

This is adorable!! Gonna have to case these cute little guys! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Kay, these are so so cute! I especially love the pink cutie on the left with the HUGE eyes. Thanks for this idea, my pillow box die needs a workout!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

The owls are so great! I love them! Isn't it amazing how you an make multiple of the same design yet they each have their own personality? The wonder of handmade I guess. :<)

It is such fun to visit your blog as you always have such wonderful creations! I have just purchased the pillow box die and now I have my valentine treat idea!

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

lisa808 said...

So cute!

Teri said...

I love your pillow box owls and thanks for the toot! Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for any of these cute ideas! I think you saw it on someone else's blog, me too! I was thinking of casing the one I saw but now I get to case yours too!! I'll find the link and send it to you. Send me an email so I can chat with you!

Jannie said...

O my gosh they are soooooooo adorable! Will try them out as well!!!! Love it!! TFS

Jannie
www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

Jayne Stenstrom said...

I just fell in love with these the first time I saw them, but just got a chance to make them this week when some friends came over to stamp. I am posting mine on my blog with a link back here to your blog unless you have any objections. If so, please let me know and I'll remove the link. Thanks for sharing!

Packaging Ninjas said...

There are enormous brands working and dealing with soaps and cleansers. To make yourself prominent and customer’s favorite, you need creative and innovative packaging boxes. Custom Soap Boxes with the printed logo of your brand are the best packaging boxes to promote your brands in an effective way. Customization is the key factor in the success of a packaging company. We are well known for our widest range of customization, especially for Soap Packaging Boxes. We use high-quality stock and the finest printing techniques to make your Custom Printed Boxes stand out in the market.

Custom boxes plus said...

You can print according to any event and festival. You can customize burger boxes for any special event. Custom burger boxes not only make your packaging enticing but also help in
Increasing the marketing value of your brand. You can choose any color and material
for your burger boxes.contact us for more information
custom boxes
custom Burger boxes
Burger boxes
Custom Bath bomb Boxes

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin