Sunday, January 16, 2011
Pillow Box Owls
Whew.... was up late all last night finishing tutorials after a class. My eyes were just seeing double. So I had to take a break from the hectic schedule I made myself.. duh.. and went through all the comments in my blog :) This time I saw Teri's comment. She's just talented and so kind to share her projects in her blog, I decided to feature one of them. She had a class making these owls, so I think. But when I came to visit her blog, I can't find the link. Anywho, here's Teri's blog so you can browse through her stuff , live from Hawaii:)
She also said that these were also an inspiration from someone else (I forget). But, I tried making my own version with the 2 owls on the right :) hihi... cutie pie.
They're now one of my Valentine Treats this year :) I haven't used the pillow box die for almost a year now and it's about time I bring that baby out!!! Ain't it great to find something in your box, stashed away and later realize you still need it!!! Thank goodness!
Here's the deal, I'm not telling how I made the pink owl with the big eyes, just because Teri's having a class on that. So I made the other two that I can share.
- 3/4" circle punch #119873(for the white of the eyes)
- 2 Step Owl punch #118074(medium circles for the black of the eyes)
- Scallop edge punch #119882 (for the DSP)
- Full Heart Punch #119883 (cut in half for the wings)
- 5 petal punch #119880 (use only 2 petals for the feet)
- Heart to Heart punch #119881(use the long heart for the beak and the fat heart for the tag caption)
- Pillow Box Die #113466
- Real Red
- Melon Mambo
- Pumpkin Pie#105117 or Peach Parfait #119793
- Whisper White
- Pink Pirouette
- Chocolate Chip Brown
- 2 way glue pen #100425
- Crystal Effect glue #101055 (to glue the box together)
- SU! Dimensionals #104430
- Jewels basics - Rhinestone #119246 & Basic Pearls #119247
- White Gel Pen #105021
- my Retired Valentine DSP (but you can use any DSP that'll match the color of your CS )
- a small stamp to place any caption ( I used the retired "Vintage Labels" Stamp Set from 2010 Sale-A-Bration)
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!