Saturday, November 13, 2010
Turkey Owl Punch Art
Every year, my Thanksgiving is not complete without a turkey punch art. Thanks to the Owl punch #118074, it's easier to create him this year :) Isn't he so cute. Well, I'm going to show you how he's made.
First, you will need all this punch:
- Owl Punch #118074(for the turkey's body and the black of the eyes)with ears cut off
- Large Oval Punch #119855(the turkey's butt)
- 1/2" circle punch #119869(the eyes) \
- 3/4" square punch (the top hat)
- window word punch #119857(the rim of the hat)
- Itty Bitty Shape Punch Pack #118309- the 4 petal punch (under the beak)
- Butterfly Punch #119848- for the feathers
- cut 1/4" square for the beak
- Feathers - Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
- Body - Crumb Cake
- Hat - Basic Black
- Turkey Waddle - Cherry Cobbler
- Turkey Butt - Chocolate Chip Brown
Step 1: Adhere owl to the large oval as illustrated
Step 2: Adhere the eyes and the waddle.
Step 3: Cut the Window Word punch piece lengthwise in half. Then cut a 1/3 off. Use the 2/3 piece as the rim of the hat.
Step 4: Adhere the hat then cut the Butterfly punch piece in half as feathers.
Note the position of each feather. The Real Read and the Daffodil Delight are upside down and the Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie CS are rightside up. Then follow the illustration below on where to place the specific point position of each turkey feather pieces.
Then you have your Thanksgiving Turkey!!!! Don't forget his beak and highlights on the eyes with a white gel pen. Have fun!!!
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!