Sunday, January 2, 2011

Paper Rosettes - Tutorial


Time for a tutorial! I've been seeing these Rosettes in satin ribbons lately and wondered how they would look like in paper. Well, I've also seen some tutorials floating around lately and I just wanted to recreate a little version of these paper rosettes. I think they call it rosettes because of its size.
Hang in there, the look of having something so small may not interest you in making them. But you shall see that there will be a sequel to this tutorial.

Supplies Needed:
- Whisper White CS (or any color, but Whisper White is easy to work on your first rosettes)
- Pretty in Pink Ink Pad
- Sponge
- Scissors
- 1-3/4" Circle Punch
- glue dots (or glue gun)

STEP 1: PUNCH and SPONGE
Punch out a 1-3/4" Circle Punch Whisper White CS piece and sponge with Pretty in Pink (or other color you prefer).



STEP 2: CUTTING
With your scissors, beginning on one side, cut your circle in a coil direction towards the center.



STEP 3: SCROLLING
Starting from the outer side of the coil, start scrolling as illustrated towards the center of the coil.



STEP 4: ADHERE
To seal your rosettes, apply a glue dot at the end of the coil (which would be positioned under the rosette after scrolling) or use your glue gun.



TADAHHHH!!! It's so much fun making them. Specially when you like paper flowers. Try it out for size.

TIP: You can also use any size Circle Punch to make these rosettes. Also, the thinner you cut your coils the more flat your flower will come out (good for embellishing a card). The wider coils make your rosettes look puffier.



Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial been dying to try these, thanks again!!

Carol said...

Thanks for another wonderful tutorial....now if I can get my fingers to cooperate....I'll give at least one a try.

Anonymous said...

I am lovin' these little flowers! Can't wait to try a wiggly cut, too!

SherryBee said...

Kay, thank you so much for this visual! This helped me to make mine!
I have linked to you from my blog post today!
LOVE your creations!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin