Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Sister!!!



Today is the birthday of the most lovable, kindest and beautiful sister in the whole wide world. Happy Birthday, Marge!!! How I wish she could see it personally. She lives half way around the globe and this is as close as she can see and read about it. Anyway, it's the long distance thought that counts.


The inspiration to do this project today came from my sister's special day. I would remember our birthday cakes as little girls. We were so lucky to have our mom bake our special cakes every year for the first 10 years :) The best part is, you get to pick what cake you wanted for your birthday. Come to think of it, that was pure labor of love from our mom. So I dedicate this cake project to you, mom, too!!!




I love how the flowers turned out in this project. I did NOT spray anything to make the cardstock damp nor did I use a crimper or bonefolder to distress the cardstock. I just curled the cardstock as much as I could and the paper was still pliable enough to handle and assemble the flower. It turned out sooo pretty and it looked like those sugar flowers you see in the real cake decorations. Here is the instruction for the flowers. Skip the spraying and the crimping and you'll get the exact look of my flowers on the cake. NOW that Pink Pirouette is coming back, I can use my cardstock freely with no hesitation!!! More projects to come with, Pink Pirouette... WOOOHOOO!!!

There are 12 boxes on this cake plate and my original measurements are just perfect for 8" diameter cake. The opening of the box is from the top which can be accessed by gently holding onto the flower.



For CAKE box tutorial, Click the "Buy it Now" button.







Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

24 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is just knock dead gorgeous! I thought it was a real cake when I first saw it. Just wonderful.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

WOW! You totally outdid yourself on this beautiful cake. Your Sister & Mom will love it. So did you add little treats inside each slice of "cake"? Again, just gorgeous!

StampingBetty said...

i wonder what she put inside...

Unknown said...

Wow! This is the prettiest creation I've seen yet! Your beautiful cake looks good enough to eat, for sure! Your sister and mother will be so happy!

Chantal Fleming said...

Simply unbelievable!! Probably one of the most well constructed and grand papercraft projects I've ever seen. Wow - breathtaking.

Rebecca said...

I have seen alot of these cakes, but none can hold a candle to yours...this is outstanding.

Gail S. said...

So pretty and the flowers just make it that more special!

Hearts That Love said...

Very pretty, Kay! You have really outdone yourself this time! :-)))

Debarge Design Builders said...

omg! i love it, Kay! at first, i thought it was a real cake hahaha! thank you thank you thank you...it's zero calories and yummy!!! lol...once again, hats off to you sister :)

Lemondrops Simple Stuff said...

What a beautiful cake! And it is calorie free!!! Thank you for all the flower tutorials. I look forward to the cake slice tutorial. You do great work!!!

Anonymous said...

That cake is fabulous! Can't wait for more details on how to bake one up Ü Amazing..........

lisa808 said...

When I looked at the first picture I thought it was a 'real' cake. WOW!!! This is absolutely incredibly, unbelievably, amazingly beautiful and creative! Looking forward to your cake 'recipe.'

Janis LU said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Your ckae is beautiful.

Helen said...

Stunning! and I like the way you open the cake from the top. I never thought of that.

Whimcees said...

I love paper cakes and your creation is beautiful! It inspires me to make one soon! :<)

I have left an award for you on my blog. http://whimcees.blogspot.com

Wishing you a great day today!

Barbara Diane

Cindy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait for the tutorial. Thank you for sharing!

Cindy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the tutorial. Great job! Thank you.

Cindy said...

Me again. I just had an idea that I would LOVE to do this cake for a very special friend of mine. She is always giving B-day parties for everyone else. This would be awesome to make for her B-day. Please post the tutorial ASAP. Would very much appreciate it. Many, many thanks for everything you make.

Jaygirl said...

Amazing! The cake looks good enough to eat without the additional calories...hehehe.

Laura said...

What a beautiful labor of love. Sisters and moms are just the best! Thanks for sharing this.

Gina Wrona said...

Kay,

I just was so amazed by your cake creation that I had to clip & post it on my blog. So if you end up with more posts, you so deserve it. And, I told everybody you have the tutorial for purchase too!

Hugs,
Gina

Silke Ledlow said...

FANTASTIC birthday cake for your sister!!! I wish I could have a slice of it...LOL!!! Totally love this cake design!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Simply amazing. One of the best blog on sister birthday. keep it up.. The pictures you shared was marvellous and your cake was amazed. stunning.
Great job!
Thank you for sharing.
Here is my link happy birthday sister

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing it's really amazing post Happy Birthday Wishes

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin