Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Playing with Strings and Yarns- A Flower Tutorial



Hello!!! As promised, I'm going to teach you today how to make these lovely flowers with strings! It's my original creation and I hope you like it! You READY?

Step 1: STAMP AND PUNCH - Stamp a piece of cardstock with centerpiece, like the Vintage Labels stamp or anything that may have a center. Then punch out a flower with XL Fancy Flower punch or Scallop Circle Punch. (make sure that the stamped image is on the center). You may also curl your flower with a pencil.

Step 2: THE STRING - Twirl your string or yarn as illustrated below, with your thumb and index finger. You can use both hands to do this (of course, it's much easier, a caveman can do it!!.. jokingly)... Do NOT cut the string yet!!



Step 3: STAPLE - Then staple your string on the flower cardstock piece twice to secure it. TIP: Do not cut the string yet until you fully stapled your string onto the flower.



VOILA!!! You have a lovely stringed-center Flower. Don't forget to add on a small button or a small round embellishment to finish your flower piece :) My note cards featured here are measured at 3"x 3" (cut 3"x6" and scored at 3"). The inner piece with ticket corners are measured at 2-1/4" square.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:
- Bashful Blue #105120
- Basic Gray #108692
- Very Vanilla #101650
- Pumpkin Pie #105117
- Pretty in Pink #100459
Stamp Set:
- Vintage Label #119122 (SAB)
- Vintage Vogue #118598 (OMC)
Ink:
- Old Olive #102277
- Certainly Celery #105217
- Bermuda Bay - in color retiring #115655
- Melon Mambo - part of Color Renovation #115656
Punch:
- XL Fancy Flower #118073
- Scallop Circle #109043
- Ticket Corner #107214
Other Supplies:
- Dimensionals #104430, p.192 (IBC)
- Stapler
- Sweet Pea felt flower #117266
- Strings or Yarns (bright colors are the best)

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Jaygirl said...

Great idea!!!

cheryl said...

my gosh this site is awesome! Just beautiful projects.

HeARTworks said...

This is great- I love putting flowers in my canvases and I think I'll use string in the middle soemtimes! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin