Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flower Tags/ Bookmarkers



Hello, there! It's just been bright and sunny lately and I'm feeling colorful today. I just loved those scallop folded flowers they featured in the NEW Idea Book Catalog (p. 123) They're so easy to make. I'd be glad to show how to make them with illustrations but I'm jam packed full in my sched this week. But I can give you some little tips.



Folded Scallop Flower Instruction:
1. Punch 2 scallops with the Scallop Circle Punch (#119854) then make folded scores in 7 directions around the scallop so it would be easy to fold them like a fan later. TIP: Use your Bone Folder to assist in the creases.

2. Cut one folded score right into the middle of the Scallop Circle

3. Then fold your scores which will make it like a folded fan.

4. Do step 1,2 and 3 with the other scallop.

5. Adhere both fans together and they make a lovely flower.

Cardstock color used here are Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Real Red.
The tag used here was cut from a BigShot Template - Two Tags (#115954). The buttons used in this project were my mom's. She had collected so many buttons over the years we were growing up and now she wants to dispose of it and gave it to me for my projects. Some buttons, I may say, are antique too.


Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin