Friday, February 26, 2010

Flower Pop Up Card



Hello there! I took 2 days off from blogging and took a long drive to clear my head this past few days. I'm ok now. I realized that things happen for a reason to make way to other things for a purpose. Well, I'm back again to my bloggin routine and there's no other way to keep me in perspective. Thanks to those who follow me and care about what I do. Thank you my friends, I dedicate this card to all of you out there :)

This card was made and inspired by the round punches I made for my Birdhouses! I didn't know what to do with the excess circle CS (I had alot). Then I started just embossing them and putting them together to make a flower. Notice the small heart with the brad! So cute with the flower.

With the grass part, it's just cutting vertical snips closely cut together to make the grass section in this card! To enhance the grass, I had to curl it like how you curl your ribbon with scissors. Then with the 2 Step Bird wings punch, just puts the "icing on the cake". It perfectly set as leaves for my flower in Certainly Celery CS specially with a smudge of Old Olive ink.

I made this card when I held a demo in the Hallmark store as a guest! The onlookers just wanted to get a hand of it and gave them the choice of their own sentiments which I adapted onto the card. Here's another version. Very pretty!!! Note: I got some potential Hostess contacts while doing this demo.



Supplies Needed:
Cardstock: p.155-157
- Melon Mambo - In Color #115320
- Pretty in Pink #100459
- Chocolate Chip Brown #102128
- Old Olive #100702
- Whisper White #100730
- Certainly Celery for Wing Leaves #105125
Stamp Set:
- Whimsical Words #118386-Wood or #119119-Clear p.8(SAB)
Ink:
- Chocolate Chip Brown #100908
DSP:
- Sending Love Specialty DSP #117153 p.13(OMC)
Punch:
- 1-1/4" Circle Punch #104403
- Scallop circle punch #109043
- Full Heart Punch #113693
- Heart to Heart #113694
- XL 2 Step Bird Punch #117191 p.11(OMC)
BigShot:
- Textured Impression Folder - Perfect Polka Dots #117335 p.35(OMC)
Other Supplies:
- Brad for the small heart- Silver #104336 p.179 (IBC)
- SU Dimensionals #104430 p.192 (IBC)


Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Hearts That Love said...

Very pretty, Kay! ...and a lovely way of using scraps!

jimlynn said...

Cute card. I love your little "flower"!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin