Friday, February 26, 2010
Flower Pop Up Card
Hello there! I took 2 days off from blogging and took a long drive to clear my head this past few days. I'm ok now. I realized that things happen for a reason to make way to other things for a purpose. Well, I'm back again to my bloggin routine and there's no other way to keep me in perspective. Thanks to those who follow me and care about what I do. Thank you my friends, I dedicate this card to all of you out there :)
This card was made and inspired by the round punches I made for my Birdhouses! I didn't know what to do with the excess circle CS (I had alot). Then I started just embossing them and putting them together to make a flower. Notice the small heart with the brad! So cute with the flower.
With the grass part, it's just cutting vertical snips closely cut together to make the grass section in this card! To enhance the grass, I had to curl it like how you curl your ribbon with scissors. Then with the 2 Step Bird wings punch, just puts the "icing on the cake". It perfectly set as leaves for my flower in Certainly Celery CS specially with a smudge of Old Olive ink.
I made this card when I held a demo in the Hallmark store as a guest! The onlookers just wanted to get a hand of it and gave them the choice of their own sentiments which I adapted onto the card. Here's another version. Very pretty!!! Note: I got some potential Hostess contacts while doing this demo.
- Melon Mambo - In Color #115320
- Pretty in Pink #100459
- Chocolate Chip Brown #102128
- Old Olive #100702
- Whisper White #100730
- Certainly Celery for Wing Leaves #105125
- Whimsical Words #118386-Wood or #119119-Clear p.8(SAB)
- Chocolate Chip Brown #100908
- Sending Love Specialty DSP #117153 p.13(OMC)
- 1-1/4" Circle Punch #104403
- Scallop circle punch #109043
- Full Heart Punch #113693
- Heart to Heart #113694
- XL 2 Step Bird Punch #117191 p.11(OMC)
- Textured Impression Folder - Perfect Polka Dots #117335 p.35(OMC)
- Brad for the small heart- Silver #104336 p.179 (IBC)
- SU Dimensionals #104430 p.192 (IBC)
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!