Friday, February 12, 2010

Tissue Paper Flowers - Tutorial


By popular demand, here are the instructions for the Tissue Flowers. There are many types of tissue flowers out there and I just found that these recipe was the one that really caught my eye. I cased it from my friend, Raidis, and added more layers of tissue to get the full effect of a carnation using the Scallop Circle Punch #109043.
STEP 1:
First, fold a whole sheet of Wrapping Tissue Paper by 4 (3 lenghtways and 1 crossway). The results will be one long envelope size which will cut 4-5 Scallop Circles across. NOTE: Start from the fold so the Scallop Circle Punch will easily slide into the thickness of the wrapping tissue paper. You'll be able to get 16 pieces of tissue paper scallop circles.


STEP 2:
Punch a hole in the middle of the scallop circle for your brad. Use the Handheld Punch 1-1/16" #101227. Then you're ready to put your brad through.


STEP 3:
Start crunching the tissue paper from the center. Then work your way outward. This way you'll be able to make your tissue paper fluffy and full!


STEP 4:
Then hold the flower from the back and smudge it onto your Ink Pad. I used the Pretty in Pink Ink Pad #101301. Carefully smudge it in a circular motion so you only capture the tips of the tissue.


VOILA!!! You have your carnations! Wasn't that easy! I used my Sending Love Epoxy Brads - Chocolate Chip 1/4" - #117272 p.13(OMC), for a special card I'm making. I'll be posting that card with this tissue flower tomorrow. So stay tuned!!!


Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Carla said...

Love these flowers, Kay! Thanks for sharing how to make them -- you always make the neatest projects!

jimlynn said...

Thanks for sharing.....they are just beautiful and I will attempt to make some today!!

Lemondrops Simple Stuff said...

I love all your creations! I really liked the boxes with the flowers and now you were kind enough to give the instructions for the flowers! I lent my friend my scallop punch! I have to get it back quick to try these cool flowers out!!! Thank you sooo much!

Jaygirl said...

Simply adorable! Thanks for sharing, Kay.

lisa808 said...

tfs--love the flowers!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Love these tissue paper flowers. They are so fun to make.

Denise Foor
http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin