Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mrs. Baker Owl Punch Art


Hi! Another Owl punch art for you! This time it's a cute baker :) I was so thinking of what to do with my "Homemade" stamp (#116978 p.18) and just hit an idea with one concept. Baking!!! One of my favorite things to do (for the ones who don't know). It's been one of my earlier passion since I was in my pre-teens :) Anyway, I just had to make this tag for the cakes my mom and I make. It's just perfect! I made 2 of them, one in red apron and one in pink apron!



How I made the Baker's Hat:
Use your Butterfly Punch #119848. Just cut half of the butterfly and use that side as the top and then cut the other half with the smaller piece as the hat band. I sponged the edges with "Tempting Turquoise" to give dimension.



How I made the Apron:
Use the Large Oval Punch to punch a small piece for the waist contour. Then use the Scallop Oval Punch to make the scallop edge of the apron. To make the white edge of the apron, use the Scallop Oval Punch twice to get a trim for the edge of the apron.







Supplies Used:
- Melon Mambo Ink Pad
- 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch #118874
- 2 Step Owl Punch
- Butterfly Punch
- Large Oval Punch
- Scallop Oval Punch
- 1/2" Circle Punch (for Owl's eyes and lids)

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

14 comments:

Melinda Hutchison said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

Raven B said...

WOW> It amazes me what you do with punches. SO COOL.
Hugs,
Raven

lisa808 said...

Too cute!!!

lifesabeach32940 said...

OMG!! This is AWESOME!! You are SO talented!! Thank you for always providing the directions ... down to the color of the ink you use to sponge. This is so helpful to us newbies!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm so glad I am on your subscribe list....I so enjoy seeing what you do with the owl. I have always liked owls on cards and you have opened up so many ideas. I wish I could afford the punch. Punch is reasonable, but then there's the tax and shipping...but that's anywhere...haha Perhaps I'll find one on ebay that someone is tired of and wants to sell. I will keep you in mind if I want to buy something...my local lady stopped being a demonstrator. Thank you for all you inspiration ....lobe you blog and details

Nicole Tugrul said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute! You are too clever!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Each character you make with the owl punch is cuter than the last! This is so incredibly cute! I can't wait to try this cute little baker owl out on one of my recipe cards!!!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Over the top cute, Kay!

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

I HAD to come check out your blog after I saw these little darlings over on Stampin' Connection! I LOVE THEM! I want my own but I need some clarification please (I'm so sorry - I read your post, all the way through, two times but I'm not getting it!)

The half of butterfly wing I get as the top of the chef's hat but then the other part of the hat is a mystery...

And then the skirt is a total mystery even though you've given such thorough instructions. I keep telling myself maybe if I just pull the punches out and try it will make sense... But I thought I'd just ASK if you have any other way to explain that may make it easier...

I have added your blog to my Google Reader (you are one talented lady!) and will check in with you often!

Thanks for the great inspiration!!!

Hugs, Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja

jimlynn said...

Now you've just convinced me I HAVE to get that owl punch! This is precious.
Lynn

Elaine said...

Love this little owl baker! How did you do the nose?

Unknown said...

Ohhh, this is the cutest owl I have seen so far, its fabulous, well done!

Gina Wrona said...

OMG how awesome you are and creative!

Hugs,
Gina

Alandre said...

I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin