Saturday, September 4, 2010
Nurse Betty Owl - Get Well Card
Hi! Today I made this card for Rachel Chattin. Joy, her daughter, expressed how difficult it is to see her mom so sick and I truely feel the same way too. Rachel, I wish you the best and pray for your full recovery :) I hope "Nurse Betty Owl" will help cheer you up in someway or another. God Bless you always.
To make Nurse Betty's Hat:
- Punch a Whisper White piece with the 2 step Owl punch (the vest only).
- Then invert and adhere the piece behind the owl's head.
- Use the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (4 petal flower) and snip the ends to make a red cross.
How I made the Scallop Rectangle Background:
- I used the Square Scallop die to cut a Marina Mist CS
- Counted 6 scallops from one corner and cut it, leaving the left over piece to overlap the bigger piece. This will make a rectangle for you when you align the scallops again.
- To hide the cut edge, I placed a CS band which represented a branch of a tree for the owl to perch on it. Isn't cute?
Owl Card Details:
- Chocolate Chip Brown
- Whisper White
- Very Vanilla
- Marina Mist
- Daffodil Delight
- Certainly Celery
Stamp Set and Ink:
- Thoughts and Prayers #113252
- Early Espresso Ink Pad
- 2 Step Owl Punch #118074
- 2 Step Bird Punch #117191(for the leaves and branch)
- Scallop Oval Punch #119856
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309 (use 4 petal flower and snip the ends to make a red cross for Nurse Betty's hat)
- 1/2" Circle Punch #119869 (for the owl's eyelids cut in half)
- Bigshot Square Oval Die
- Textured Impression Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!