Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to Make the Perfect Paper Egg


Hi! It's Easter Egg time! Nope, it's not Easter yet and it's not going to be the real eggs. It's Paper Eggs!!! How many of us have a hard time making an easter egg card, or easter egg shape paper pieces.... MEEEEE!!! I told myself how hard is it to make one because it's not an even circle. Then "Ding.. ding"!!! Circles.

I brought out circle punches, tested which circle proportion will go together! On a flat reference, I found a 3/4" circle differences of 2 circles, between the tip of an egg from the bottom of an egg, to figure out the curvature of a whole egg. Don't ask me, it's Calculus (per my dad, whose the most intelligent, smartest and wisest person I've ever known).


So, I got my 1/2" Circle punch and my 1-1/4" circle punch and put the punch pieces together. Then drew lines connecting both circles. Voila!!! AN EGG!!!




TIP: Sponge the edges to cover some cutting inperfections :)

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

9 comments:

Teri said...

so smart! love your tutorial to make the perfect egg!! Hope all is well with you. Hugs to your mom!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wonderful little tip...I can now take the 2 circles into Inkscape, do the same thing and then have my Expression cut it and size anyway I want it. I just love you blog and this little post is no exception

Mary said...

How clever you are! Thanks for the helpful tip! Mary

Kim said...

How helpful! Thanks so much for sharing.

Ellen Kemper said...

What a clever and HELPFUL! tip.

Thanks for sharing

lisa808 said...

I'll have to give this a try...tfs

Carla said...

Wow!!! I love your dad too. Thanks so much for making my Easter projects so much easier!!! I will be sure to link back. I visited from Paper Punch Addiction! Hugs,

Debbie Martin said...

So Smart! TFS
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Joni said...

I agree with you - your dad is one smart cookie! ;-) Thanks for the great egg tip!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin