Saturday, February 12, 2011
Mojo Monday Card 177 - Valentine Card
You can see that this is my favorite Valentine poem..hihi...I've used it a couple of times on other post.
The roses are red
The violets are blue
The chocolates are as sweet as can be
As you can see
That I declare
That there's love in the air
Happy Valentine's Day, Bonami!!!
So very sweet! Anyway, I wanted to make an all red card but my elements just got lost in it so I decided to put a neutral contrast, Basic Black. They say you can't go wrong with black, right? In my picture, you can't see the Framed Tulip embossed on the Black CS. Trust me it's there :) I just wish my camera takes better pictures :( Also, I just loved the way the card looked with the DSP background which made me make an envelope lining of it.
You must be wondering how I made the Framed Tulip embossed on a small rectangle. Pass your paper through the BigShot with the embossing folder once. Then reverse the paper to emboss the other side of the frame. First, align the first impression to the image of the embossing folder, then pass it through only to make that remaining side of the frame. Then reverse your Bigshot handle to release the impression folder.
Recipe for the Love Card:
- Basic Black
- Cherry Cobbler Red (for the rose)
- Very Vanilla
- Chocolate Chip Brown (for the borders)
- Love Impressions DSP #121780 (2011 OCM)
- Occasional Quotes #120142-Clear or #117048- Wood (Hostess Set level 3)
- Early Espresso #119670
- Textured Impression Folder - Framed Tulips #121809
- Embosslit Die - Scallop Heart of Hearts #117332
- Two Step Bird Punch #117191 (used wings for rose petals)
- Antique Brads #117273
- Jewels Basic Rhinestone #119246
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!