Saturday, October 2, 2010
Halloween Favor Box- Masquerade
Hello, there! It's October and you know what that means! Another Halloween project for you. Halloween is about masquerading, so many costumes and so many mask. I just decided to mask my punch arts. Let me show you. Here's little black kitty with his cute glittery mask.
HOW TO MAKE THE MASK:
You will need 3 punchers:
- Large Oval Punch
- Curly Label Punch
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (the round one)
At a straight edge of a cardstock, punch out a small piece of with your oval punch. Then punch half of the curly label punch as illustrated. Lastly, using the Itty Bitty Shapes punch, punch 2 circles. (Not to close to each other, I would mark the mask with 2 dots first before I punch the circles)
HOW I MADE THE CAT:
- 5 petal flower punch (for the ears and the legs)
- Full Heart Punch (half piece for the tail)
- Large Oval Punch (for the head)
- Word Window Punch (for the neck)
- 1/2" circle punch (for the eyes)
- 2 Step Owl Punch (for the iris)
- Slot punch (for the neck leash), I think it's no longer available for sale but you can always improvise by cutting a small rectangle piece.
Now you're ready to follow the illustrations below! Have fun!!!
TAADAAAHHHHHH !!!! You have your cat! Position the mask slightly below right of the cat's eyes. It would give the cat a cute shy expression. Remember to draw your whiskers and eye highlights with white gel pen. Then GLITTER!!! This will give the full dramatic effect of your Masquerade. (Use "Fine Super Nova" glitter set - orange #114287)
I hope you had fun making my Masquerade Cat. See you again!
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!