Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom's Card and Gift



Early morning on Sunday, I still didn't have my Mother's Day Card. Would you believe that? With so many Mother's Day cards I've made since the last month, I was not yet decided on "THE" Mother's day card for my mom. So, on the morning of, I just went with my instincts and came out with my color scheme. My mom loves the shades of aqua so I used the Bermuda Bay (retiring color). I will be sad to let it go. Continuing on to another color that signifies Mother's day, PINK! Doesn't it go for Mother's day? Anyway, it blended in. I made one of my roses then worked from there. Used my favorite "Lovely Letters Alphabet" to spell M.O.M. and added on some Sweet Pea Stitch Felt embellishments.



I had a nice gift that came along with the card and thought of making a box or a cover for it instead of getting a gift bag. It came out great. Just wrapped cardstock onto my gift in the shape of the gift I gave. Can you guess what it was?
Anyway, I added the Whisper White Eyelet border and the Pink ribbon to finish. I could have added texture to the Bermuda Bay cover and also added seams to the edge of the eyelets but I was running out of time..hehe. The stamped I used was from the "Oval All" stamp set with Bermuda Bay ink.



The most important thing, my mom loved them. The card and the gift cover. I hope you liked it too!

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Great instincts Kay, this is absolutely gorgeous, girl!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin