Sunday, May 2, 2010
Dad's Birthday Card - Mojo Monday 136
Happy Birthday to the most wonderful and caring DAD in the whole world! I was thinking of so many ways of what card to make for my Dad, I almost bought one for him. Thank goodness I didn't because this was worth the thought and process of what it meant to my Dad! You see, my Dad is a very spiritual person and has dedicated part of his daily deed to hear mass. I was looking for a symbol that would signify peace and unity which was what my Dad instills in our family. The ROCK of our family.
Then, I just remembered that I found a punch art of the Bird of Peace a couple of months ago. So I went ahead and ran with the perfect idea of the CARD for him. With almost missing this weeks Mojo Monday, it was just the best time to do it! TADAAAAH!!! My Dad's Birthday Card!
Card Measurement: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"
- Old Olive #100702
- Chocolate Chip Brown #102128
- Whisper White #100730
- Certainly Celery #105125
- Close to Cocoa #101341
- Crushed Curry #115319 (retiring in color) for the bird
- Well Scripted #117072-W or #118601-C
- Soft Suede (in Color) #115657
- Night of Navy Patterns DSP
- Textured Impression Folder - Finial Press
- 1-3/4" Circle Punch #112004 (for the body of the bird)
- Heart to Heart Punch (use smallest heart) #113694 (bird's beak)
- Scallop Circle Punch #109043 (bird's wings using 4 scallop each)
- 1/2" Circle Punch #104390 (bird's eyes)
- 1/8" handheld punch (bird' iris)
- Wide Oval Punch #112082 (bird's belly after 1-3/4" circle punch)
- XL 2 step Bird Punch #117191 (branch only)
- Scallop Oval Punch #114889
- Jumbo Snowflake #116628 (bird's feet)
- 5/8" Satin Ribbon- Chocolate Chip #117287
- Stamping Sponge #101610 (sponge part of the card near the branches)
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!