Friday, July 22, 2011

Blossom Boxes




It intrigued me when I first saw this blossom box die in the catalog. I heard good and bad feedbacks from people who attended the convention. But the curiosity is just killing me. So, I got the die and tried it on for size.

Honestly, as I got to do my first box, it was very challenging. As soon as I got the hang of it (after the 3rd box) its like making boxes in a whim. I'll be posting some tips to make this box assembly easier. It's just not fair to just tag this beautiful box as a "difficult to assemble" box.

For those who have this die, are you loving it? or hating it? Would love to hear your feedback or questions for tips.

Here are more boxes I made with different colored card stocks with cute owl tags :)

TIP: For beginners, I'd use a DSP first before using a card stock paper. It's much easier to maneuver with SU!s DSP. (only SU DSP is thick enough to make as boxes and pliable enough to handle)



Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE your boxes. I got the die and used SU DP and still struggled with it. I'll take your advice and make a couple more before I put it away. Looking forward to seeing more! Thanks for the posting.

Beth Robinson said...

Love the boxes you made. Haven't gotten this die yet. Looks really easy once you get the hang of it. Thanks for sharing.

lisa808 said...

Adorable with the little owls peeking out.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very interesting... but in SC...die is not available yet...at least, don't think. can always count on you for trying things and getting the kinks out for us!!

Mary Grace said...

i'm not big on the die cut boxes, they are never big enough for what I want to put in them, what would you put in the box? yours are very cute I like the owl sticking out

Mary said...

Too cute! I don't have this die, yet.

Carol said...

FUnny, I didn't look at the email name when I popped open your email but instantly knew it was you when I saw the color and the boxes...fabulous job!

LeAnne said...

Mmmm, these look like cupcakes all sitting in a circle! Yummy cute!

corinnesomerville said...

I love these boxes and I'm an SU demo in Canada and have to admit that I've struggled with getting the boxes to fold into the box...any help/tips would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!!!

Thanks
Corinne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin