Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Petal Cone - Santa Elf



I've been thinking of colors for this cute box and it didn't disappoint me. Here's a cute elf version! Just like my Santa Petal Cone, I used Glitter paper #121790, red this time.

I also discovered I had tons of small red buttons... voila!!! Very cute embellishment that sealed the design :) I believe buttons are the best dimension to use in any project :)

Many have asked me how I sealed these boxes.. just the plain four-side fold :) Have you seen those Petal card folds?... exactly like that :) You can seal them with a sticky strip if you have a heavy item in it. Just remember to fold the scores well so your box may stand perfectly.

Ok, Ok... I know you're intsy about details of the elf :)

Supplies and Tools Used:
Cardstock:
- Lucky Limeade - (the box)
- Whisper White - (for the beard and mustache)
- Blushing Bride (for the face)
- Poppy Parade (for the nose)

Punches:
- Ornament Punch #119847 (for the rim of the hat)
- Large Oval Punch #119855(Santa's face)
- Cupcake Builder Punch #121807(for the eyes)
- Itty Bitty Punch Pack #118309(circle - for the nose)
- Boho Blossom Punch #119858(large flower - for the pom pom tip of Santa's hat)
- 2-Step Bird Building Punch #117191 (for Santa's mustache)

BigShot Tools:
- Textured Impression Embossing Folder #116824 (TIEF - Petals a Plenty)
- Petal Cone Die #121810
- Sizzlits Die #114511 - Little Leaves

Other Supplies:
- 1/4" Grosgrain Real Red Ribbon #109034
- SU! Dimensionals #104430
- White Gel Pen (for the highlights in the eyes)
- non-SU! small red buttons

Here's how they look in a set :)



Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

5 comments:

Luanne said...

super like the Petal Cone - Santa Elf. super cute!

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Another great idea using this die!

Kim said...

These are adorable. I have already CASEd the Santa petal cone. Now I'll have to add one of these. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute!!!

Team Craftwell

Penny Hanuszak said...

How cute are these! I bought my petal cone with great intentions but so far it's seen little paper, but that's about to change! Thanks for the inspiration. You have a great blog too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin