Thursday, April 12, 2012
My New Blog Banner - Spring Forest
Hi! It's been a long time since I've updated my Blog Banner. I was beginning to believe that it will never be changed.... nah!!! I need change and I did!!! Spring has finally sprung and I guess this banner will last me until Fall... hahaha. Oh well, we'll just have to be happy with what we have... I'm ok, I'm still creating. The juices are still flowing..hehe.
Anyway, here's my so called "Spring Forest" which I splashed colors of Spring then I decided that I had to combine colors and move on to Summer... why not??!!! Before we know it, it's here. I'm still feeling the winter here in SoCal and it's not funny anymore. So with a little spring-like feeling, I just had to make my own forest :)
I hope you like it. I'm sure you'd like to know how I made my riding hood :) It's obvious, I made her hoody with the ornament punch. Her face is tricky, where I had to use my large oval punch #119855 and punched out the first punch piece to make it smaller for a face that would fit the hoody. If not, the oval will be bigger than your ornament punch.
Other Punch used:
- used the Cupcake Builder Punch #121807 for the eyes.
- Petite Pennant Builder #122361 for the body
- Blossoms Petals Builder #121808 for the Orange Tree
- 2-1/2" Circle Punch #120906 - for the Island Indigo Tree
- 1-3/8" Circle Punch #119860 - for the Melon Mambo Tree
- Bird Builder Punch #117191 - for the green Certainly Celery and Garden Green Trees
- Itty Bitty Punch Pack #118309 - for the flowers on the tree, Riding Hood's ribbon and Riding Hood's hand (with 2 petals cut off)
- Jewelry Tag #117190 - for Riding Hood's arm
- Heart to Heart #119881- using the medium heart - for the feet
- Owl Punch ##118074 - for the owl
- 1/2", 3/4", 1" Circle punch for the 3-tiered Tree
- Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die #120893 - for the Early Espresso bottom Scallop border
- Branches/Barks of the tree were done with Freehand cut
- Textured Impression Folder - Adorning Accents #125601 - for the Melon Mambo Ground texture
- DSP (I used an old one and you may just find an Old Olive DSP design too)
- 1/2" Circle Punch - for the round decor on the bottom Scallop Boarder
Ok, I guess that's it! Let me know if I missed some details for you. Have a nice day and just be happy :) Smile Always :)
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!